Thursday, March 10, 2011

One day and a wake up

OK, I'm stealing my title from Mr Vino who used that line while waiting on his trip to San Fran for the Zap event, but I liked it!  Waking up sounds so positive especially when you are going on what you hope will be a trip of a lifetime or at the very least a really great time with friends and family.

The very long 'to do' list is down to just packing and organizing my belongings.  A major feat for me.  Helping out a not so old friend and a new friend this week with some marketing.  Hoping the universe is kind to both of them.  Support local businesses!!!!

I can't wait now to be on that ship, feeling the waves rock me to sleep each night.  I love being on the water. It relaxes me and I need that right now, along with a neck rub:)

The weather in Greece will be at the beginning of Spring phase so not swimsuit weather but if I get the chance I'm at least dipping a toe in the Aegean Sea, may never get there again.  I want to walk on the beaches and listen to the water move.  I want to catch some sunsets and possible a sunrise since we have two early calls on the cruise.  I'll be glued to the ship's railing watching the islands come and go.  No seasickness for me!  Two Caribbean cruises and various boat rides in Dale Hollow and other places and no problems.  I am a water sign after all.

This will be the furthest away from home I will have ever been.  I'm not afraid, not at all :)  Just a notation in my trip around the sun.   I realize how lucky I am to be on this journey.  I must acknowledge my friend Michelle in Texas who is going through Chemo for stage 2 lung cancer.  She inspires me with her courage and honesty in dealing with her illness.  I won't be sad for her - she needs only positive thoughts and prayers and love to get her through.  I will remember how lucky I am to go on this trip and be grateful my health allows me to do so.  Someday soon she'll be walking on the beach with her wonderful man who is seeing her through all of this ordeal.  Love to both of them.

'Roam if you want to, roam around the world...'

PS.  Nawal - I used spellcheck...hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment