Sunday, March 13, 2011

Notes on the Journey

No problems to report on any of the flights, which is always good news.  Everything was pretty much on time or early.  Had a good tail wind Indy to Jersey, we would have been running late but the wind put us there 10 minutes early.  Had a relaxing sit down lunch at Chili's in Newark airport. 

Had to go back through security at Newark to get to the gate to fly to Frankfurt.  My lucky day!  Got the full body x-ray where the pervs in the room in the bowels of the airport can see me and I got patted down by a very nice lady.  She asked if I wanted to go someplace out of public view, my reply, as long as I don't have to get naked folks can watch, I am not shy.

Flew Lufthansa Airlines from Jersey to Frankfurt, Germany.  On the monitors you could watch the progress of the flight and it gave details of cruising altitude (39,000 ft), speed (600 MPH) and time remaining to your destination.  You could also watch movies for free - I would not have paid, believe me.

Couldn't help myself - when we flew over Liverpool, England I was thinking Beatles!  Then when we were over France, well, wine was on mind, what else?!  Speaking of which, they served free wine on the plane!  I was a good girl and only had one very small cup of Merlot.  It wasn't really that good - Deano needs to talk to them about wine!

We were fed dinner and breakfast.  Had to save Danielle from the food as strawberries were served each time and she's allergic.  All I can say about the food is that it is equal to hospital food.  The cheese and breads were good, the snack mix okay, but that's about it. 

Slept some but was not really comfortable - had some device on the floor so Danielle and I lost leg room.  We're in our hotel in Athens now resting up and catching up.

Driving in from the airport to the hotel I was reminded of Florida a lot - the palm trees, grafitti, and not the nice parts of Florida apparently.

We meet the rest of the class and professor at 9am tomorrow at the port.  I'll be raring to go with the camera and taking notes.  Danielle has already taken some shots, however, she's asleep and I don't want to wake her to download those.  I know I promised picks and you will eventually see them.

Reporting from Athens Cypria Hotel,
Trucker's Daughter 

No comments:

Post a Comment