Friday, February 10, 2012

Super

Well, I survived Super Bowl 46.  It was an incredible experience.  Not perfect in many respects.  It was the biggest event I've been involved with and that includes events such as the FFA Convention and the Indy 500.  The energy level was so different than those events.  The amount of energy required to pull this off was outstanding. 

The best parts for me were when I was with my guy out taking pictures, attending the stadium tours, NFL Experience, watching the Here Come the Mummies show (awesome!)  and just hanging out with the crowds on Georgia Street and Monument Circle. 

I've got more events on tap for the year - Mutt Strut, Fountain Square Art Squared, Big Ten Basketball tourney, BMW Golf Championship, 500 Festival and that's all I can think of right now.  I've reduced and a couple of these are for shorts amount of time.  I love being involved in my community and I'm meeting some really great people.  I'm learning a lot about communication, organizing, and management.  I'm actually reducing my options, believe it or not, so that I can enjoy some of the other great things that happen in the city - Irish Festival, Brickyard 400 Weekend, Greek Fest, etc. 

I have a tendency to over commit to things.  My enthusiasm gets the best of me.  I'm trying to find more balance in my life.  Work and play are equally important.  Serving my community has been not so much an act of selflessness but a way to satisfy my own needs.  I now need to relax a bit and enjoy life.  I need to enjoy the time I have with my wonderful boyfriend and my family.  I'm also down to working two jobs instead of five (one full-time, four seasonal) so that's a help.

No comments:

Post a Comment